Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oh wow, its been four weeks!!!

I can't believe Payton has been a part of our family for four weeks!! It is crazy how quickly time has flown by. As you can probably imagine, I have been a little busy juggling two kiddoes so I haven't gotten a chance to post, but I wanted to be sure and jot down some memories...

Payton is growing so fast! At her two week appointment she had already gained a pound. She is such an amazing laid back little girl! She eats well, sleeps great so far, and is perfectly content laying on her boppy watching big brother drum, slide, or jump. Chris and I are so very much in love.

Darryl is adjusting well to having a baby sister. There were a few rough days at first, but now he LOVES being a big brother. He is really gentle with her now and constantly wants to hold her and kiss her. One of our favorite things that he does is he loves to climb into her crib with her! He will lay down beside her and say "night night". He hasn't figured out how to say Payton yet, but calls her "Sissy". Every time he hears her cry he runs over to me, points to her room, and goes "Sissssyyy". It is the sweetest thing.

The other night they spent the evening with Kim and Darryl and when Chris and I went to pick them up Payton started crying on the drive home. All of a sudden, I heard whimpering from Darryl's side of the car. I turned around and he had big tears streaming down his face as he pointed at Payton and said, "Mommy.... Sissy owie!" It broke my heart as I tried to explain to him that Sissy wasn't hurt, she was just a baby and thats how they talk. It was sad but so sweet to see him be so concerned about his sister!

Darryl also enjoys his big brother gift from Grandma and Grandpa. Its a trampoline that we put inside his room! He has already had lots of friends over to jump in it with him. He loves it! It is so funny to watch him jump jump!

I have loved getting to be home with the kids. Darryl started CLC on Tuesday and loves it. He is struggling some with being away from me which has been hard. He never went through a seperation anxiety stage because for as long as he can remember I've been going to work during the day. But now that I've been home with him the past four weeks he does not like it when I'm gone. He is so social and active though that his teachers said he shook it off really quick. It is so cute to see him with his little CLC bag and his nap mat! I can't believe how big he is!!

We are so excited because we are going to spend the weekend in a cabin in Chandler with friends. It will be so fun to take the kids and dogs out there and to get three whole days in a row with Chris home.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment